Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Special Edition Sort of Post

I was so kindly nominated for the Sunshine Blog Award by Amy at Juice Boxes and Crayolas this past week and well...she made my day when I read my name amongst the other 9 bloggers she nominated!


About the award:The award is circulated to those bloggers to let them know that their posts brighten your day.

The Rules:
1.  Include award logo in a post or on your blog.
2.  Link to the person who nominated you -- See above (click on award)!
3.  Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4.  Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.

1. Favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
Where do I even begin? I like to watch a lot of mindless TV (AKA guilty pleasure TV), especially when I get home from a long day of teaching.  There's no thinking involved, which is just how I like it.  I'm a bit of a reality TV addict...see previous blog post here for proof.  
But if I have to choose just one, then it would easily be Real Housewives of Beverly Hills...since my original, The Hills (see blog post link), is no longer on the air.  Waaaah!  I love me some RHOBH and for some reason, other than the Atlanta franchise, it's the only one I really like to watch.  There's something about those women and the extravagance of BH that I just love.  Or maybe it goes back to my junior high and high school love of 90210.  Oh and one can't get enough of Jiggy.

2. 5 picks for Desert Island books (the 5 books you would take if you were stranded for the rest of your life on a desert island)
Man these are hard!...only because I have a hard time narrowing down favorites to such a small number.  I would definitely take my all-time favorite book ever, To Kill a Mockingbird.  Close after that would be books like The Help, The Hunger Games, James and the Giant Peach, and to round it out let's say Something Borrowed for some chic lit fanfare.  (but really, why don't you just click over to my Goodreads favorite shelf to see what I really love?)

3. Favorite way to spend a Saturday?
No matter what I have planned for a Saturday, my favorite thing to do is curl up with my current favorite book on my reading chair, under a blanket, and devour it while my husband is still asleep and the house is quiet.  My hubby and I do love to go see morning movies too on our little date days.  

I wish I could say this was my house...but rather, it is a resort in Tubac, Arizona I stayed at this past January.  Best Saturday reading spot ever!
4. Favorite way to stay in shape?
Is this a trick question?  When I am working out, my favorite...absolute favorite...is to dance.  I love things like Zumba.  I used to love my hip hop class at my local gym (taught by a former Raiderette) as well as a Latin Dance class.  These types of workouts never feel like workouts to me because time flies and I have so much fun!

5. Favorite holiday tradition?  (Any holiday!)
Anyone who knows me well will tell you it is Christmas.  I absolutely love decorating the daylights out of my house.  There's just something about it...but excuse me...I cannot stand the fact stores are starting it earlier and earlier with the music and the decorations.  Quit it!  You are ruining the spirit of it!!!  My husband and I have a HUGE Christmas party at our house every year and invite all our crazy friends.  It is never a dull moment and we have way too much fun.

But I also truly love Halloween...not for the costumes and candy, but for the amazing marathons of horror, thriller, and suspense flicks on all sorts of stations.  Yes!!

6. What's your typical lunch during the week?  Do you go out or bring your lunch?
I'm a bring-your-leftovers to work kind of person.  My hubby makes tasty meals and we always have enough so I can have it for lunch the next day.  Back in the day during my first several years of teaching, we had enough time to run to our favorite place and grab lunch to go and eat it back at school. But those days are looooooooong gone. 

7. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
Where do I begin?  I remember wanting to be a trapeze artist, but that is because I had just seen the Ringling Bros Barnum & Bailey Circus. Then, my mom claims I started talking about being a teacher...I don't remember.  There were times I wanted to be an orthodontist (because I loved mine I guess) and an architect, since I was loving my drafting class in junior high.  By 10th grade, I was set on being a teacher. 

8. What is the best concert you have ever attended?
Hmmmm...I haven't been to too many.  I DON'T count the country concerts my mom dragged me to when I was a kid.  My first big concert was to see Metallica in 1998, which was pretty darn good!  But I have to say all the small punk concerts my hubby and I went to in college were pretty top notch.  My favorite out of those would probably have to be seeing NOFX, Lagwagon, and more at House of Blues in Vegas or perhaps one of the several times I got to see Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies with Spike or Mad Caddies.   I bet I have some readers who didn't see that coming! 

9. Fill in the blank: I almost never leave Target without _______.
Easy.  Makeup or shoes.  See evidence below...
Case in point #1 (brown boots)
Case in point #2 (leopard flats)
May I have a moment of silence for this pair?  These broke a couple months ago after enjoying 2 years with them.
You get the idea...I love Target's shoes, boots, and sandals.  It's a given.  I always visit their makeup section as well, whether it's for makeup or nail polish.

10. What's one goal you have for this week?
I have a ton of blog posts I need to do...so that is a definite goal.  

I would like to nominate 10 bloggers for the Sunshine Award:
2.  Ari @ The Pace of It All
4.  Luis @ Extra Bit of Chicken
5.  Jayme @ Is Daddy Home Yet?
7.  Kristine @ YoungTeacherLove
8.  Kelsey @ Apple a Day
10.  Raliat @ RallyDFashionFanatic

My 10 Questions:
1.  If you could go back in to the past to relive an event or change an event, what would it be?
2.  Where is your favorite place to be?
3.  (Stealing this one from Amy)  What are your top 5 favorite books that you would take to a deserted island?
4.  If you could have one last meal, what would it be?
5.  How do you like to spend your spare time most often?
6.  Name your favorite childhood TV show or movie.
7.  How do you like to pamper yourself (daily or occasionally)?
8.  Who is your style icon?  If you don't have one...who is a celebrity you have a crush on?
9.  If you won the lottery, what would you spend your winnings on?
10.  Name your worst pet peeve....go!

I cannot wait to read your responses!  And thanks again to Amy for nominating me!  Even if you didn't get nominated by me...feel free to answer the questions in a comment below.