Thursday, January 2, 2014

January Currently

Hellooooooo 2014!  I'm in denial that it is already time for another Currently, even though I really enjoy linking up with Farley each month.  But the true reason for this denial?  My winter break is almost over!


Listening

If you were a fan of rock in the 90s, you should most definitely get yourself the Slacker app!  They play songs on this particular station I haven't heard since high school like Korn, Stone Temple Pilots, Rob Zombie, and more.  Talk about walking down memory lane.  We were playing it earlier while we took down Christmas decorations and my hubby was laughing because of a Pantera song playing...he mentioned something about it being an anti-Christmas song to the core.  LOL.

Loving

I feel like I need to do a separate post on all the goodies I grabbed up the couple days after Christmas via all the sales, and well, non sales.  But one of those is a really nice hair dryer I picked up on clearance for $15 at my local Beauty Brands.  It is a $65 hair dryer!  Whoop whoop!!!  The hairdryer I have been using the past 8 years or so worked just fine, but it was time to get something different.  I can't believe how soft and less frizzy my hair has been these last 2 times I have used the new one. Score a point for me and my hair!!

Thinking

This morning I woke up ready to finally sit down and get started with my lesson plans for next week.  For the last several weeks before break, I was in that mindset (happens every year) in which I didn't feel like spending much time on them.  So, they were vague and lacked the details I normally put in them.  Hopefully, I will sit down here in a little while and feel more invigorated.  I also need to work on my next Teachers Pay Teachers extension menu for prefixes and affixes that we used months ago!

Wanting

Last week especially went by in the blink of an eye.  It was a whirlwind of cleaning the house, getting the last of the Christmas presents wrapped, and trying to enjoy my first week.  Before I knew it, Christmas was over.  Thankfully, the week has slowed down, but I can't believe there is only 3 more days left.  Waaaaaaaaah!!  I've had a seriously rough group this year and I don't know if I'm ready to go back to them yet.  Did I mention my stylist found my very first gray hair (she knows my hair after these last 8 years) last month?  She told me it had 3 months of growth...AKA, my seriously trying group. Yep.

Tradition

My mom and I have been going shopping the day after Christmas for many years now.  It is just one of those things we have always done.  We usually stop somewhere to get decorations on sale.  But then the rest of the time is spent spending those gift cards or cash we got for presents at the mall.  I look forward to it every year!