Sunday, November 3, 2013

November Currently

It's November...and I wish I could be more excited!  But the weather here is still hot, hot, hot.  At least I get to do my monthly Currently post to help me sort of feel like I can join the rest of the world (or it seems that way) celebrating the fall's arrival.  Sigh.


Listening:  Let's not talk about the dishwasher.  But I have a bit of a love for the new Saturday Lifetime movies each week.  When they don't have one premiere on Saturday night, I get a little bent out of shape...since I tend to watch them while I lesson plan.  This one that just premiered yesterday is definitely a snoozer, but it really does make great background noise and a visual distraction when I need it.  Anyone else love Lifetime movies?

Loving:  I used to have a natural-light photography business.  It barely got off the ground before I had to give it up. Teaching is my life and that just takes precedence.  But I'm at the point now where I'd love to be able to take photographs for my friends and their families.  I got to shoot an engagement session in a really beautiful area here in Arizona.  I'll be posting my favorite photos here on the blog once I'm done editing.  Actually, I'll put up one or two of them now as a little sneak peek.




So there you have it, a little peek into my photography life.  My bestie, Beth, is pregnant with her first child and I have vowed to take pictures of her little Jeremiah when he is born and every year after!  I am supposed to shoot her maternity session next weekend, so I look forward to that!!

Thinking:  I have my once-a-year formal observation/evaluation tomorrow afternoon.  I don't get super nervous over these because I know I am doing my job well with impacting my students' learning.  Plus, I don't like to put together a fancy lesson just because I am being evaluated.  I go with the flow and do my normal lessons just as they are.  But my new assistant principal is my evaluator this year so this is someone who hasn't necessarily been in my room for more than 5-8 minutes at a time.  It's a little nerve-wracking.  Plus, I am doing a very very very different kind of lesson with that awesome book I blogged about recently, Math Misconceptions! It is very open and exploratory for my students...and really, me.  She is excited to see it and I'm excited to teach it, but definitely feeling the nervous twinges.


Wanting:  Desperately wanting it to cool off here!  At this point, I'd really take the low 70s.  This whole low to high 80s thing is absolutely RIDICULOUS!  I want to be able to pull out my favorite fall boots and sweaters.  Not to mention, I'm ready to retire my sleeveless tired ol' work tops too.  Sigh.

Needing:  Technically, I'd like to say I need the weather to cool off, but I think I made my point. However, I need to do a Sephora shop badly.  Several of my everyday beauty items are on their last legs.  I am pretty sure I need to do it online since going to the mall to shop would be a bad bad idea. Temptations as I walk past all my favorite stores that is.  For one, I'm almost out of my favorite hand lotion, Soap & Glory's Hand Food.  Have you ever used it?  It is the best stuff to use before bed and even in the morning.  I want to get the smaller bottle for my purse, but I never seem to be able to find it in the store.


A Yummy Pin:  Seeing as how I have an obsession with peanut butter and then even more so when it is combined with chocolate, this one is definitely calling my name.  I have a feeling I might attempt to make this for Thanksgiving!  It would be a great contribution to the feast my husband and friend are going to slave over.


Join in the Currently fun and make your own for your blog.  Link up with Oh' Boy Fourth Grade!