Friday, July 26, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday!

I'm joining up with The First Grade Parade for my first Friday favorites this week...Pinterest style! Since I've been a crazy pinning machine this summer, I have plenty to share.  It is going to be rough trying to keep this from getting out of hand with pins after pins to show, but maybe I'll cheat a little and pick 5 categories...no?  We'll see about that.


Click HERE to follow my Pinterest account.

Favorite Photobomb:

I love a good photobomb!  It is the new planking, if you will.  While I have attempted a few, this one is just plain perfect because of how accidental it really was.  Even better?  The Imagine Resource link shows how many have used Photoshop to put this poor unassuming Disneyland goer into very very important historically photographed moments.  Hilarious!!



Favorite Teacher Humor:

I really don't know if there is another profession that steals things from home and takes them to school.  If there is, let me know!  Only at my house do we not have a tape dispenser (I only ever have tape available during Christmas when I pull it out of our tubs) and I never have a rubberband or paperclip when I need one.



Favorite Nails:

Despicable Me is one of my all-time favorite animated movies from these past few years and I absolutely loooooved the 2nd one!  It would be pretty neat to try this design I found on Jamegackie's nail blog, on my my nails (but I'm a little spastic, so I might have to just do it on an accent nail).  


Favorite New Snack:

I love spicy food and especially spicy snacks.  This is one that I have had several times in the last couple weeks.  Super tasty, super easy, and perfectly spicy!  Plus, it's edamame, which makes it healthier than chips.  Just use less butter if you want to feel less guilty.

Favorite DIY/Home Decor:

Quirky yet pretty things intrigue me and this is one of them.  I'm not a fan of Anthropologie...their prices make me vomit inside.  Pretty things, but not pretty prices.  In fact, I have only been in to that little store of theirs once.  I saw something I liked, looked at the price tag and definitely pulled away as if it burned me.  Yikes!  I would be willing to give this quirky item a go, especially because I can make them in any color I fancy.


Favorite Fashion Inspiration:

I have a pair of very bright mint skinny jeans (bought them last summer) and am always looking for different ways to pair them with other items.  This pin was love at first sight.  If only it was a little cooler outside, I would rock the living daylights out of the second look in the middle of the top row.  I have a chambray shirt but it always seems too hot to covet it on instead of in my closet.


Favorite Makeup Look:

Oh how I would love to ROCK this some day soon!  It is a tiny bit too much for work, maybe...I do love to wear bright lips and heavy eye makeup to work a couple times a week.  Yes, I wear a full face of makeup to work.  Just because I'm a teacher doesn't mean I can't have fun with my looks...I don't do it for the kids. I do it because it's fun and I feel good! Makeup is part of my routine and it makes me feel purty.  



Now it's your turn to show me your favorite pins from the week or past couple weeks!  What are you pinning and loving?  If you aren't on Pinterest, I'd love to still know what you are pining over.