Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Currently

I am seriously ecstatic this time around since it is officially my fall break in only about 15 hours!!! Wooohooooooooo!!!  I can't wait to be able to sleep in for 5 extra mornings and get some major chores done that have been put on the back burner.


Listening:  I just got home from finishing up my looooooooong and tiring fall student/parent conferences and am holed up on the couch watching the latest episode of Project Runway.  Who else is a fan of this show?  My favorite designer got kicked off last week, so I'm a bit sad.  Now I'm trying to decide who I prefer most out of who is left.  Helen is irritating and I'm tired of hearing her whine and cry.

Loving:  While it is still in the 90s around here during the day, it is extremely nice to have cooler evening and morning temps.  I always know the end of a desert summer is in sight when the evenings start cooling down.  But last year when this happened, we still had 90-100 degree days way into November.  I truly hope that does not happen again, because it made me extremely cranky and irritated last year.  It's time to bust out of my favorite boots and sweaters!!

Thinking:  Most people do the whole spring cleaning thing.  Well, I run on a teacher's schedule and I do most of my cleaning whenever we are on a break.  I have only been able to read about one book every 2 weeks, which is truly horrible for me!!!  I have so many books on my to-read list (if you don't believe me, check out my Goodreads list) and I would really enjoy doing some major sitting on my patio with a book and some hot tea in the mornings...this whole upcoming week of fall break.

Wanting:  I haven't had a cold for almost an entire year (for a teacher, this is really good!) and that has a lot to do with the fact that I usually catch them fast enough to get rid of it using many teacher tricks.  But this one snuck up on me out of the blue on Saturday morning.  I went from feeling perfectly fine to having a sore throat.  While I'm fairly certain it started as allergies, it has moved into my sinuses and I'm not happy at all.  I had to go through a whole week of conferences talking like a man and a stuffed up ball of cotton.  Blech!

Needing:  Okay, so like I said, these are more like wanting.  But I can't help it!  This fall season I have 3 things on my to-buy list.  It's high time I get myself a graphic sweater...I'd like one with a super cute fox on it.  But I haven't seen one I like yet....I sort of missed out on the best one last year from Old Navy.  For the past 2 years I have talked myself out of getting the lace up ankle studded boots.  Every time I walk past them in stores, I stop and stare at them.  So, I decided it's time to get a pair this year since I can't seem to stop obsessing.  Now it's a matter of finding the right pair...I tried a pair on at a cheap little store the other day and thankfully they look pretty darn good on me!  The hunt is on.  I also want to replace my large doctor bag purse that I have been coveting the past 2 years.  I'm a bit tired of carrying a large purse around and want to downsize, but not sure if I can make the jump.  I've already tried so many and can't seem to find the right purse.  Sigh.  
Old Navy sweater
The sweater I missed out on from last season

From Target's Phillip Lim collection...the bag I actually want but can't find anywhere!!
Trick or Treat:  In this case, I am sharing a treat!  I don't have a fancy TeachersPayTeachers store because I just don't have the time to take a lot of my creations and pretty them up enough to put them up for sale.  One day maybe.  But the first thing I put up in my store last year is something I truly love and have used every year since I started teaching 9 years ago.  It is my Pumpkin Math activity and it is only $2.50 in my store.  My kids drool over this every year because it is hands-on and chalk full of math, getting their hands dirty, and more.  I drool over it too because I'm still proud of my crazy clip art and design skills on this one. Go get you some!  There's no way an administrator could walk in and accuse you of doing something piddly.  It has all sorts of math weaved in, including estimation.  Enjoy!
See?  I don't know how to or have time to get too fancy with my stuff on TPT.

Page 1 of  Pumpkin Math Activity (there is also a 2nd page)

Link up with Farley and share your Currently!